Thursday, January 26, 2012

Short Stories: 5 - Sweet Dreams, A Collaboration

A buddy of mine from The Digital Outhouse, Joseph Albert, and I have collaborated on a couple of tracks across the seas via Skype and the magic of Garageband for Mac computers.

There was a time when Joe was living in Taiwan while I was in Sweden, he sent me an audio file of him on the guitar playing Maroon 5's Sunday Morning. I was living in Stockholm in the dead of winter, stuck in my apartment to escape temperatures that dropped as far as -20. One snowy evening, I decided to record my voice over Joe's track, twice.

The result?


Another one of our little projects was a humble rendition of the timeless Beatles classic Across The Universe, also covered by Fiona Apple, and later the title of a movie based on the Beatles discography. Following the same concept as our first collaboration, Across The Universe was produced across-the-seas thanks to the magic of technology. Joe's guitar track was recorded in Singapore, while my vocals were laid on in two parts, first in the Prague, then in Stockholm.

A simple little lullaby to drift off to:


Sweet dreams.

*note: While technology played a huge part in the making of these tracks, there was no auto-tuning involved.



No comments:

Post a Comment