Wednesday, May 9, 2012

You only need a little to accomplish a lot.

My parents never gave me too much of what I didn't need.

I wore the same two pairs of jeans to school every other day, the same pair of sneakers,
carried the same book bag.

If I wanted to do something "fun" with my friends, I had to earn it. I have to save the modest allowance I was given for food.

When I got my first job 4 months after receiving my diploma, I was over the moon.
I haven’t asked my parents for a single Peso, since.

It feels awesome.

Thanks, mom and dad,
for putting me through school,
for your kindness and generosity,
for allowing me a sense of self worth.

Thanks, mom and dad,
for always giving me enough to do something,
but never enough to do nothing.

With the joy of every earned Peso,
you have given me the world.


(photo credit: Dennis Rejoy)

No comments:

Post a Comment