Sunday, August 12, 2012

Original Demo: Body Language

(photo by Alejandro Rivera)



A little personal take on "jazz hiphop"
** Quality comes out best with earphones; original lyrics and vocal arrangement, with many thanks to Justin De Guzman @DeeperManila for creating the beat.

BODY LANGUAGE

What more can you say, that I can’t hear, in your eyes,
When your words push me away, it’s that fear that I despise.

Your ears digest the sorrow in the sentences I sew,
As your lips punch out the painful words that you have “got to go.”

Your feet, they take you places, but they also stop to think,
If your lungs could hold the aftermath, my heart would cease to blink,

So you so spin in my direction, hold me closely with your stare,
Let your hands do all the talking while my head comes up for air.

Your fingers taste the saltiness that trickles down my spine
As I’m towed by a familiar pull, the scent that you’re still mine.

Mmmm still mine
Mmmm still mine

We could dance in this dilemma, throw all caution to the wind,
Let human nature take its course and tell the father we have sinned,

But you, of us, the wiser, know from ready we are far,
And you couldn’t bear the thought of leaving my heart with a scar;

So our bodies mirror images of ghostly lullabies,
As we sift through all our memories in search of compromise.

As I inhale all the worry that is drawn across your face,
You say perfect is a far-off dream, a dream you wish to chase.

(break)

Baby, I don’t need no perfection
I just need to see you smile,
We can sit here, sober,
knowing things are okay
Okay for a while.

The mind’s unrest, unrest, uneasy
having not heard that you care,
Though your body language says it,
what’s the point of this affair?

If you never drop that armor, say those words and say them pure,
Then we’ll find ourselves right back here again and never know for sure.

When your candor breaks the silence in a whisper so divine,
Then I’m pulled by that familiar tow,
the scent that you are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment