Saturday, October 6, 2012

Home Movies 2: Stage Jitters

I found an old video (okay, fine, it's just a year old) of the first time I sang infront of an intimate crowd in a little hole-in-the-wall jazz joint in Timog. 

It was an impromptu jam, so yes I look very nervous and don't even have any makeup on (haha), but my dad was kind enough to accompany me on his guitar as I put my own little feeling-freesyle-jazz spin on Maroon 5's "Sunday Morning." A good friend, Ale Rivera, joined in with his violin to make it all sound a little prettier.

I've become much more comfortable on stage since my start as an amateur singer just a year ago, I think... everyone starts somewhere, the important thing is to start. :)


This was the 2nd time I ever "took the stage" on my own, the first time was at Fete de la Musique 2011 (story here). More recently, I've tried to sing bigger songs like Etta James' "At Last," which made its debut at the French Film Festival (story here).

No comments:

Post a Comment